Author Topic: 28th Annual Scotland Highland Games Festival - Scotland, CT - October 11, 2015  (Read 9331 times)

Stirling Thompson

The last games for me this year. It's coming fast... this Sunday at the Waldo Homestead in Scotland, CT. If you're in the area stop by and say hello to Dottie and me.

28th Annual Scotland Highland Games Festival - Scotland, CT - October 11, 2015   http://scotlandgames.org/
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Donna

Hi Stu,

I hope you and Dot have a great time and I cant wait to see your photos!

Donna
California
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

Stirling Thompson

As promised...

I have to say that the Scotland games are my absolute favorite! The early October weather was fabulous and the turnout was amazing and the location and layout of the games is incomparable. That said the day started off a bit on the chilly side (about 40 degrees) but the sun was out and it warmed up nicely into the 70's. Dottie came with me this time and our niece Sandy and her husband Richard and daughters Abby (4yo) and Emily(2mo) made the trip down for their very first experience at a highland games. Abby had lots of fun and Emily slept through most of it. Chapman and Chris Thomson came and joined us for the parade. Kevin Thompson stopped in to say hello and gave me a signed copy of his book Kiltology, he also runs a website KiltsRock.com.
Anyway, here's the good stuff...

Abby loved the highland cattle!

Princess Abby!

The clan village.

Athletics...

Sheep herding.

Full album is here...
http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/StuT/library/Scotland%20CT%202015?sort=2&page=1
Semper Fidelis! Semper Familia!
Stu

Mary

• Administrator
Great pictures!  I didn't know you could ride a Highland "coo" at ANY age! 

Loved the pictures - so glad you got them at a good .dpi so we can really see detail and glad you had some of the group drop by for the parade and visit. Hope we get some at Stone!

Thanks again to you and Dot for all you do in New England....... we're still hoping to get up there next year.

Mary and Tom

Donna

Great photos, Stu.   Thanks to you and Dot for all you effort   :-*

Donna
California
ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD DAY !

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
Yes, great pictures Stu! Looks and sounds like the perfect weather for it. Sounds like you had a good turnout. It's always fun when cousins join in on the parade  :)

Thanks for everything you do for all of us!

-Cheryll
The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even heard. They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller

cheryllwith2ls

• Administrator
Oh and YES YES....we wanna come up there too! I just noticed what Mary said. That would be so fun! Would love to meet you Stu!
The best and most beautiful things cannot be seen or even heard. They must be felt with the heart. - Helen Keller