Author Topic: Scotch  (Read 34945 times)

Graham Thompson

Scotch
« on: April 11, 2008, 02:23:00 PM »
Hello everyone, I was wondering if some had connections with someone in scotland who can ship me a bottle of Scotch. Ill pay for shipping and everything. Im looking at McTavish  ;)
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Graham Thompson

Re: Scotch
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 03:38:39 PM »
Im hoping everyone know that im not just looking at McTavish for info on this anyone can participate.
Guess what!? I'm here to spread my words of wisdom also. Everybody fear them!!! Hahaha

Paula Cash Womack

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 04:48:43 AM »
Graham, it might be easier to go to the distillery's website and buy directly.
I was looking at Glenfiddich.com.  When you buy one of theirs, it comes packaged in a nice box with 2 tasting glasses.  I buy a lot of stuff directly from Scotland or Ireland.  Not too bad delivery time.
Just an idea.

SlĂ inte

Paula

http://uk.glenfiddich.com/

Graham Thompson

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 10:11:57 AM »
Ok ill take a look thanks

Graham Thompson

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 10:12:17 AM »
What year do you recomend

Paula Cash Womack

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 04:02:13 PM »
Graham, I am told that there is NOT a bad year of Glenfiddich.
Just depends on what your preference is.
anywhere from age 15 up is good. 

Enjoy.

Paula

Forum_mgr

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 09:45:14 AM »
Sorry - can't help. I drink wine.

Graham Thompson

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 10:28:33 AM »
I was looking at the site, I cant seem to find out how to order a bottle

James Thompson

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 04:16:41 PM »
Hi Graham
 Do you live in Canada? if so just hope down to your local Liquor store they sell a wide variety of Scotch. The best are single malt's 12 yrs old and up. The older the more expensive. bLended Scotches are good also. I like Glenfiddich which is a single malt. There are also Scotch Societies in canada and around the world. Good luck in finding your favorite Scotch and enjoy. below is one of the societies in Canada.

http://www.thequaich.com/industrylinks.php
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 04:25:47 PM by James Thompson »

Graham Thompson

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 03:49:26 PM »
I do live in Canada but I wanted a bottle straight from the land where its made. Maybe someone will send me one for a wedding present??? ;D

Mary

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2008, 09:15:17 AM »
Gee Graham..........sorry, but I went to the Glenfiddich home site and went through the online store - when you get to a certain point, you get this:

Due to current export regulations, we are unable to deliver any whisky to certain addresses outwith the UK. Please remove any whisky you may have in your Basket and continue shopping.

Sooooooooooooo......no Glenfiddich from UK.   :'(   Oh well...... guess you'll have to get it from the import store in Canada!  and I was so hoping......  ::)  (yeah, right! at the cost of the stuff PLUS shipping from the UK???   But I did check it out!)

Mary

MACTAVISH

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2008, 10:37:17 AM »
WILL YOU GUYS PLEASE DROP THIS FASCINATION WITH GLENFIDDICH; ITS OK BUT A LITTLE HARSH ON THE THROAT, IT IS WHAT WE SCOTS HAVE IN THE CUPBOARD FOR GENERAL VISITORS- NOT FOR FRIENDS AND OURSELVES!
YOU WANT WHISKY- THE BEST(BELIEVE ME I KNOW, IM A CAREER SOLDIER!)=GLENMORANGIE, PRONOUNCED 'KLEN- MORE-UNJIE'. THEN THERE'S TOMATIN PRONOUNCED 'TAWM-UH-JIN'
. YOU NEVER KNOW GRAHAM, INVITE ME TO THE WEDDING AND I MAY JUST TURN UP WITH A BOTTLE-AND HELP YOU DRINK IT! I HAVENT BEEN TO CANADA FOR A WHILE(I WAS AT EDMONTON FOR A WHILE........
 BY THE BY; WHEN SHE WAS ALIVE THE QUEEN MOTHER ALWAYS SENT A CRATE OF WHISKY DOWN TO OUR MESS AT HOGMANAY,'FOR HER BLUE EYED BOYS.'
IF YOU LIKE IRISH WHISKEY TRY JAMIESSONS(KNOWN AS 'JIMMYS' OR BUSHMILL.

Ernest Thompson

• Core
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 10:16:43 PM »
G'day Stevie et al,
Which Glenmorangie do you recommend.
We have it stocked at our local bottle-o and it ranges from about $50  up to $200.
Tell me the cheap one is worth trying???

Ern Downunder

MACTAVISH

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2008, 10:35:38 PM »
well ern; all glenmorangie is good ....i actually prefer the cheaper one.the more expensive ones are for the show offs and whiskey buffs...enjoy mate,its 'the squaddies tipple' in scotland. hope you 2 are fine stevie

Graham Thompson

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 08:31:59 AM »
Well I will definitly have to look into that. Thanks everyone