Genealogy > Thom(p)son Genealogy

Descendants of John William Thomson/William John Thomson

(1/5) > >>

David Thompson:
John William Thomson/William John Thomson was born in Dumbarton Scotland in the year of 1375. He owned land in Dumbarton and was the Collector of Customs in 1410 as per his accounts rendered at Perth, on July in the year 1410. William's wife is unknown at this time. He left his land to Johannes Van Kirk Thomson, (his son) who was born in Dumbarton Scotland in the year of 1400. In 1429 Johannes became a Bailiff and was so until 1431. After serving as Bailiff he became Commissioner in 1435. Johannes or John as per the records show owned land in Ayrshire as the deed showed in 1456. Then he became the Sergeant of the Marsh in 1468. The Thomson Clan as for as I can tell fell after the death of Johannes on 18 Oct 1486 in Newton Grange, Scotland. The Clan was strong and more powerful in numbers than Clan MacTavish at this time, but had strong ties with Clan Campbell. Johannes's wife was Christina who was born in 1449 in the Highlands of Scotland, and died in Newton Grange, Scotland date is unknown.

I will post more soon.

David Thompson:
John Thomson was the first son of Johannes Van Kirk Thomson born in the year 1469 in Scotland. He had 3 other brothers Robert, William, and Thomas. John's wife is Catherine Afamsone born in 1469; He then had a second wife Elisabeth Gourlaw, who was still living in 1494. John was a land owner and leased land off Conflattes, Baroney of Glasgow on 20 Dec 1515. John died in Drumny or Fingeralle, Scotland.

I am putting all this information out here so that it can be of some help to others trying to locate their family line, and if anyone has more information on the members of my line.

David Thompson:
William Thomson was the son of John Thomson and born circa 1491 in the Highlands of Scotland. His wife is unknown. Where he died is unknown, but it was some where in Scotland. He had a son named Archibald Thomson, who was born in the Highlands of Scotland in 1524. His wife is unknown, but did have a son John Thomson. He was born in Scotland in 1559, and his death is unknown but in Scotland. He did have a wife, but could not find a name.

Rees Thomson is the son of Archibald Thomson, and was born in Scotland circa 1590. His death is unknown, and he had a wife that is also unknown. Rees did have a son named John Thomson born in Scotland in the year 1622. His wife is unknown, but had a son named Archibald Thomson born in Scotland in the year 1656. His wife is unknown.

William Thompson is the son of Archibald Thomson and was born in the County Down, in Ireland in the year 1698. He was a Community Leader, and Farmer. His wife was Sarah Evans Born in the Highlands of Scotland in the year 1698. Both William and Sarah died in the County of Spotsylvania in the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA. They had a son William J. Thompson.

Moira:
Hi David -

How great you can trace your family back so far! I would give anything.............  :(

Hopefully, some others will post their Scottish links now.....we're still researching ours, but when we find that elusive link back to Scotland we will post it!

Moira

David Thompson:
I just got lucky. I could trace back to Ireland for the longest time, but that was it. Then from someone else doing their line I found my link.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version